My name is Nina Russo and I am an aspiring photographer. Photography is something I was always interested in but got serious about it in 2008 when I received my first Digital SLR camera as a gift. What started as a hobby quickly turned into a passion for creating art with my camera. Photographs have always been a cherished possession for me and I want to create these captured memories for others. Right now I am practicing and learning as much as I can. I would love to do a free photo shoot for you or someone you know. Just contact me for more info! (ninaruphoto@gmail.com) Hope you enjoy this little space for me to show off my photos!!

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

For my sister

I planned a trip to visit my sister and nephew in Tennessee while her husband was deployed. Lucky for her he got to come home for a couple of weeks and it happened to be whie I was there so we got to do a few family shots. I can never take enough pictures of my nephew. I think I took 1,200 over eight days I was there. I picked a few of my favorites to post. And when I say a few I mean 17 :D Hope you (and my sister) enjoy them!!




















5 comments:

  1. LOVE THEM!!! THANKS NINA U R THE BEST

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nina, You're a natural!! The pictures are amazing. I must agree with you...your nephew is adorable. Keep the pics coming. I really enjoy seeing them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The backdrop with the barn is delicious. :) I was anticipating a nice angle where Ethan catches your eye more (in the first one) than have him below that "rule of thirds" line. I love seeing the potential that is in your pictures, really excites me to get out more and capture images. My few nitpicks would be that you're photographing too close and cutting off too much of your subject. Try not to keep your images so tight. :) Other than that a bit of sharpness concerns, I'd say you're doing a great job.

    Keep up the hard work and come stop by and say hello on our blog, we'd love to hear from you too, lady! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments guys!!

    Joanna - You're child would make any picture look good!! Thanks for making such a cute baby for me to photograph lol

    Tabitha - Thanks for the interest! I'm trying to post more and more. :)

    Jacquie - We stumbled upon that field by accident and it was beautiful (really buggy but beautiful lol) I would have loved a better angle on that photo too!! I cropped the heck out of it because of the way the sun was going down my shadow was all over those shots and I was using the 50mm so I couldnt back up!! :( But good learning experience. I'm getting better at not looking back and saying "I wish I got that shot" but that was def one of those days!! I also tend to shoot really tight. Especially with the 50mm I'm getting used to zooming with my body and not my lens lol Can you be more specific about which ones you think should be sharper?? I have a tendency to "soften" them too much in ps. So that might be something I can go back and tweak. Thanks you for your input!! I saw you have a new post so I have to go check it out. I really appreciate it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww that's awesome, I love stumbling into captivating photo spots. I totally feel you on the shadow thing, it is an interesting picture nonetheless, at least you now know the time of day that you should avoid.

    Awww, yeah it takes some practice to get the feel of a prime. You will eventually get it down though so don't become discouraged! In all honesty the softness is not what I see, for example... picture 8 with Ethan full of bubbles. It is not clear, either he moved or you moved in the process of capturing the shot, it is very subtle but you can notice it isn't sharp. Just an FYI! :D

    ReplyDelete